Monday, May 08, 2006

time heals, blah, blah, blah...

The last time I saw Smith, he was in town for work and we went record shopping. As we stood, flipping through albums, I asked him about past friends. We caught up on most peeps, and then I asked if he still spoke to his most recent ex-girlfriend.

Smith: "you know once I stop talking to someone it's final."

Me: "well, you eventually started talking to me again."

Smith: "i broke a rule for you. most people aren't as persistent as you."

Me smiling: "uh. huh. you call me every Sunday night like you call your mom. you're hanging out with me 3000 miles away. admit it, i'm your favorite. you love me. you can't live without me." (all of this is, of course, said in the voice of an annoying kid sister.)

Smith: "don't make me regret my decision."

Me making kissy face: "you love me."

Smith laughing: "wanna know why I stopped talking to you before?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.