Tuesday, September 12, 2006

It's so fun. why stop?

When I was the tender age of 22, I moved in with an old friend whom I hadn't spent much time with in the years leading up to this point. The first night that we lived together was a circus of hilarious events including many strangers (to both she and me) arriving at the apartment at various hours of the night after much debauchery. I then had to leave the shambles and the people behind and be at work at 8am the next day. I called her to apologize for arriving into her life like a hurricane and promised, "it won't always be like this."

this past weekend, after turning 34, I called her and said, "I finally realize it will always be like this."

Thanks to all who celebrated with me in reality and spirit this weekend. It was a great reminder that I will never grow up, I really don't want to, and that I still believe my friends have more fun in a day than most people do in a lifetime.

Soap box derbys and millions of champagnes. What could be better?

1 comment:

smartypantsless said...

I am so sorry I missed the fun. BY the time I really got a block of time open, I was so exhausted that I couldn't revel with you. Crapola.

BUT we will do MS. Wendy Bday Remix! Let's talk this weekend about a good time for me to spoil you.