Sunday, November 18, 2007

It is the Lord's Day

I was going through an old box of notes when I found a portion of a folder from Junior year of high school. Amid the song quotes was this one:

"In love there can be no fear, but fear is driven out by perfect love: because to fear is to expect punishment, and anyone who is afraid is still imperfect in love."

If there is any doubt that I was raised hard core Catholic, the fact that I was quoting John 4:17 between REM lyrics and heart doodles should clear that up.

Also good to know that 20 years later, I am still afraid.

1 comment:

smartypantsless said...

I have a fortune from a fortune cookie taped to my laptop. It reads: Deep faith elimates fear. That's a great description of my belief and experience.

That pope don't know nothin'!

(And you should read that verse in 1 John in context and it takes on a different context.)

Love you. Miss you.