Monday, June 26, 2006

Perspective

Walking home from the library today, I heard a little voice yelling, “LEMONADE! 25 CENTS!” So, I crossed the street to purchase a glass, because Jen once told me it’s one of the few things adults can do to stay young. The miniature salesman was happy to see me. He offered to cut me a deal, by giving me a penny back. He joyfully poured the glass while telling me, “it’s not that good. It’s only kinda good”. Who says there is no honesty in the free market? I drank a sip or two (he was right) and wished him well with his business. He went back to yelling at the top of his lungs. As I walked away, I remembered the sidewalk chalk message I saw last night. Amid hopscotch and rainbows was a question.

“Is life good?”

3 comments:

Julie said...

awesome!

Anonymous said...

your best post yet
you are warmin up!

wendyrella said...

*blush*

the little boy wrote my post, I just translated.